The Calgary Ostomy Society
Serving the Calgary Ostomy Community since 1968.
The Calgary Ostomy Society is an affiliated chapter of the Ostomy Canada Society and is dedicated to helping persons with an ileostomy, colostomy, urostomy or J-Pouch. It is a self-governing non-profit, educational health service agency with medical advisers.
The Calgary Ostomy Society provides:
– Ostomy Visitor Program: trained volunteers (all of whom have ostomies/j-pouches) aid ostomy and j-pouch patients before and after surgery
– Help for ostomy patients to adjust to the emotional and psychological results of ostomy surgery
– Tips for everyday appliance management
– Quarterly meetings with relevant speakers, opportunities to meet Ostomy Nurses (NSWOC) informally and to learn about new products from manufacturers and vendors. These meetings provide important support as ostomates and their families gain understanding of how to achieve their best quality of life.
– Quarterly Newsletter and Educational Publications
We also offer regular support groups, including:
– Ostomy & J-Pouch Support Group
– Young Adults Program (for those with a bowel & bladder diversion, ie ostomy, j-pouch, between the ages of 18 to 40)
Paid membership to the Calgary Ostomy Society includes membership to the Ostomy Canada Society with access to all of its services, including their national glossy publication “Ostomy Canada Magazine”.
Calgary Ostomy Society
PO Box 30365 Chinook
Calgary, AB T2W 2W1
For inquiries or general information, please use the form below.