Calgary Ostomy Christmas Social
December 16 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm MST
Celebrate With Us!
The Calgary Ostomy Society will hold our annual Christmas Social on Saturday, December 16, 2023, at 6 pm. Join us for an evening of food, fellowship and merriment! The event includes a Traditional Christmas Dinner, Ugly Christmas Sweater contest, and gift exchange. Don’t miss out on this fun-filled event! Buy your tickets now and join us for a night of celebration!
- Please note that we will not hold an auction this Christmas; we plan to move that to a spring event.
Christmas Social Event Tickets
Tickets are $35 each. Tickets must be purchased in advance, with sales ending on December 8. There is a 60-person capacity.
- We are selling online tickets this year via Zeffy. They offer free ticketing for non-profits, so we receive 100% of ticket sales (unlike PayPal). A couple of notes about the checkout:
- You can donate to the Calgary Ostomy Society in part 1. We thank you for your generosity!
- On part 2 of checkout, you will see “Add a contribution to keep the platform we use 100% free!“ Donating is an option to support Zeffy’s mission, but you can also click the arrow to enter Other.)
- If you wish to pay offline, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Christmas Social Event Details
Ugly Sweater Contest
Join in the fun by wearing your favourite ugly Christmas sweater and enter to win a gift card! There are three categories we will judge: funny, ugly or DIY. Extra points for ostomy awareness!
We ask that everyone bring a new, wrapped gift, $10 to $15 in value. Participation is optional.
We hope to hold a 50/50 draw but await approval for a licence from the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission. More details TBA.
Menu – Traditional Christmas Carvery
- Chef Carved Roasted Turkey
- Chef Carved Roasted Ham
- Dressing with Dried Fruit
- Pan Gravy
- Cranberry sauce
- Garlic and Herb Mashed Potato
- Citrus Glazed Squash
- Green Peas in Spiced Butter
- House Green Salad
- Trio of Fresh Buns
- Farm Butter
- Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Coffee, Tea, and Ice Water Included
- Cash Bar (ranges $5 to $7). Cash only please. There is an ATM on site.
Venue & Parking
The Christmas Social will be held at the Kerby Centre. This is a scent-free event. Parking is included with your ticket, but guests must register their vehicles in the parking system at the main doors. Parking is available:
- in the East Lot beside the building is accessible from the alley entrance off 11 Street SW.
- in the North Parking Lot, across 7 Ave, and accessible from 11 Street.
Please contact email@example.com.
- Calgary Ostomy Society
- View Organizer Website