Volunteering With Calgary Ostomy Society
COS relies on volunteer time and energy to keep it going.
While we have many talented volunteers, we are in need of many more.
Volunteering on our Executive Committee involves an ongoing commitment to assisting with the general operation of COS. You do not have to have an ostomy to volunteer, but we do require that you become a member. The following positions are currently open, and we are in need of volunteers ASAP!
This position involves a variety of duties, including:
– Working in conjunction and occasionally on behalf of the President on general oversight of COS.
– Organizing and facilitating quarterly meetings, including arranging guest speakers.
– Obtaining auction items for the annual Christmas Social.
Time Commitment: Approximately 2+ hours per month on average.
This position involves:
– Recording Meeting Minutes for Executive Meetings and Quarterly Meetings.
– Typing AGM Minutes for distribution to members.
– Knowledge of MS Word or a similar word processor.
Time Commitment: Approximately 1 hour per month on average.
VOLUNTEER VISITING PROGRAM
We are always looking for new volunteers to visit patients undergoing ostomy surgery in hospital. Time committment is minimal. Training is mandatory, so please contact us if interested.
Twice per year, we organize an event on behalf of the Friends of Ostomates Worldwide Canada. This involves a day of hard work, (lifting, standing, etc.), at the CB Medical Warehouse. We unpack boxes of ostomy supply donations, sort them out according to type (colostomy, urostomy, 1-piece & 2-piece systems, etc.), and repack for shipment to FOWC headquarters in Toronto. We typically email members, and post the event on our website and Facebook the month before a Packup.
Our next Packup is June 4, 2019!
Please contact us if you are able to volunteer.