Calgary Ostomy March 2023 E-news
With all the dismal snow as of late, we are looking forward to some merriment! Join us for our 55th Anniversary Celebration on April 16 at the Highland Park Community Hall. We will be hosting an Afternoon Tea Party. The program will include the following:
- Greetings from a City of Calgary representative
- A video presentation about the history of Calgary Ostomy, along with some interviews and vintage photos
- A cutting of the celebration cake and a toast
- The menu includes assorted sweets, including diabetic and gluten-free friendly choices, coffee, tea, and punch, plus party favours.
- A volunteer and sponsor appreciation certificate ceremony
We are looking for people to get involved in a couple of ways:
- Several volunteers are needed to assist with a quick set up, food, and take down. If you can help, please sign up through the form on our website.
- Photos and stories (especially pre-90s) are wanted for our 55th Anniversary video. If you have something to share, i.e., pictures of our events or of you living life to the fullest with an ostomy, please contact email@example.com by March 20.
Please RSVP for the 55th Anniversary Celebration through our website.
A March event is still in the air, but you can stay current by subscribing to our events calendar! Click the “Subscribe to Calendar” button at the bottom of our events page and choose your online calendar type, i.e., iCalendar for the iPhone. Whenever we post an event, it should automatically appear in your calendar with important details like the Zoom link or address. However, you should still RSVP to let us know you’re coming.
The Calgary Ostomy Young Adults group (formerly the Gutsy Gang) will meet for a Pool Party this Saturday, March 4. Join us for dinner and billiards at Bootleggers Bar & Grill in NE Calgary. Please see below to RSVP.
Tax Receipts were mailed out this week. Unfortunately, our treasurer Helmut was unavailable to assist as he is in the hospital. Please let Tiffany know if we missed your receipt or to report any errors.
We now require a new treasurer, as Helmut has stepped down. Please contact Pat for more information.
Questions? Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gloria’s 53rd Stomaversary
Gloria Reid is a long-time member of the Calgary Ostomy Society and has lived with an ileostomy since she was 23 years old. On February 19, she celebrated her 53rd Stomaversary! Watch for her story in the coming months:
- A Q&A in the Simply Ostomy spring newsletter – to be released April 1.
- Parts of her interview will be used for the presentation at our 55th Anniversary Celebration
- A full-length story and accompanying YouTube video are to be released with the summer edition of the Ostomy Canada Magazine.
In the meantime, please check out Gloria’s 2-minute Stomaversary YouTube video!