The Calgary Ostomy Society is urgently seeking a volunteer to join our Executive Committee for the elected position of Treasurer.
The Treasurer of the Calgary Ostomy Society is responsible for overseeing this small non-profit organization’s finances and all financial administration. The Treasurer is also responsible for ensuring that audits of the organization’s finances are completed as necessary and that an Annual Financial Statement is created annually. The Treasurer will be formally elected at the 2024 Annual General Meeting, but the position is currently vacant and requires a volunteer.
Role and Responsibilities
The Treasurer will:
- Attend to all bookkeeping duties and financial administration of the organization.
- Oversee the organization’s financial business through external financial institutions as directed by the Executive Committee.
- Be a member of the Executive Committee
- Attend all Executive Committee meetings.
- Ensure adequate books and records of financial affairs for the organization are maintained.
- Monitor Post Office Box.
- Make bank deposits and issue cheques.
- Issue Tax Receipts and invoicing.
- Submit the books of account for audit at the close of the fiscal year.
- Provide monthly financial updates to the Executive Committee at quarterly meetings.
- Present audited Financial Statements to the members at the Annual General Meeting.
Qualifications and Requirements
The Treasurer should have experience in financial administration. They should be familiar with basic Canada Revenue Agency requirements for Non-Profit groups related to reporting and financial auditing. Familiarity with accounting software such as QuickBooks is an asset.