Simply Ostomy Newsletter
A Quarterly Newsletter For Those Living With
An Ostomy or J-Pouch in Alberta.
The Calgary Ostomy Society newsletter, “Simply Ostomy”, (formerly known as Changing Times) is published in Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter and corresponds with our Quarterly Meetings, (every March, June, September and December). Simply Ostomy is distributed by print and email to official members of Calgary Ostomy Society, and a variety of locations around Calgary and Southern Alberta, including ostomy vendors, NSWOC (Ostomy Nurses), GI doctors, colorectal surgeons and more. Printed copies are also available for free at our meetings or by request! Members can access the current newsletter as well as our archive in the members-only area.
The newsletter is designed with Adobe InDesign and makes use of graphic elements from Canva.
Did You Miss The Last Newsletter?
Click here to read the latest edition of Simply Ostomy.Simply Ostomy Fall 2022
Note: We use an online mailing service called MailChimp, so please remeber to check your Junk Mail periodically. Please contact us with any questions!
Tips For Reading Online
We are now using an interactive ePub version that is viewable on the Adobe Online Publishing website. This format allows for some interesting tools such as animation, video, buttons to click and more! A PDF is available for download there if you wish to print it, but the interactive functionality will not work.
1. Click the button above to read the last edition.
2. A dashboard will be visible on the bottom of the screen, as well as arrows on the left or right to advance to the next page.
3. On the bottom dashboard, you can click to view page thumbnails, zoom in or out, go full screen, or download a PDF. The more button (…) reveals a volume control.
4. If you zoom in, use your mouse to pan around the screen.
5. If the dashboard disappears, zoom out or click on the bottom of the web page to view again.
6. This is a “fixed layout” and is not compatible with liquid or reader layouts if you are using a smaller device.
Are you an ostomy vendor or supplier, or a business of interest to the ostomy community?
Simply Ostomy is a great way to promote your company! Please contact us for advertising opportunities.
Here is a vintage newsletter from Calgary Ostomy Society in April 1969! This was the second edition after the chapter was newly formed the year prior.